- 130g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. un–hydrogenated margarine
- 2 tablespoons espresso (or strong coffee)
- ½ cup cold So Good Chocolate
- 175g soft/silken tofu
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Blend the So Good and tofu. Refrigerate.
- Combine the chocolate, margarine, and coffee in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temperature. If it’s too cool, it will not mix properly with the egg mixture below. (You can also bring water to a simmer in a small saucepan and setting a larger glass bowl on top of saucepan if you do not have a double boiler.)
- Whip egg whites in a bowl until they are light, foamy and just beginning to form peaks (do this once the melted chocolate has slightly cooled). Beat in the sugar.
- Make sure the Chocolate is at proper temperature and stir in egg yolks. Gently stir in about one-third of tofu/soy beverage mixture. Lightly fold in the whites in two halves until mixed in. Add the remaining tofu/soy beverage mixture.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into serving bowl or individual dishes. Refrigerate 1-1.5hours.
- When ready, top with raspberries, strawberries or anything else yummy you can think of.
Serves 4-8 (depending on portion size).