- 6 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 340 g package veggie ground round
- 1-796 mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup So Good Original
- ½ cups soy cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Lightly grease an 11×9 inch/2.5 L casserole.
- Heat a large saucepan, add the oil and sauté the onion and garlic till tender. Add the veggie ground round, crushed tomatoes, and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat to medium, and heat until bubbling. Add the cooked pasta. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Meanwhile make the white sauce. In a medium saucepan melt the margarine and stir in the flour. Whisk in the soy beverage slowly. Heat over medium heat and whisk again until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Pour sauce over pasta and bake uncovered in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese sauce is golden.