- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-350g package firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Satay Vegetable Sauce
- ¾ cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- ½ cup So Good Original
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup reserved marinade
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 cups (broccoli florets)
The tofu in this recipe is soaked in a marinade, giving it a delightful flavour that is complemented by the satay sauce.
- Prepare marinade in a shallow glass dish. Cut tofu into 16 cubes. Add tofu to marinade and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Satay Vegetable Sauce in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tofu from marinade, reserving ½ cup of the marinade. Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add the olive oil. Cook tofu until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Stir fry carrots, red pepper, snow peas, and broccoli. Add the tofu back to the pan and heat through.
- Serve vegetables and tofu over cooked brown rice. Pour sauce over top.