580g silken soft tofu
- 8 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup So Good Chocolate or So Good Vanilla
- 1/2 cup water (hot)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 200g ladyfinger cookies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Drain the tofu in a sieve.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and 1/4 cup So Good with an electric mixer until thickened; approx. 3 minutes.
- Heat up the above egg yolks/So Good mixture in a heavy saucepan over medium heat (be sure it doesn’t boil) until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk continually to prevent curdling.
- Let mixture cool then strain through a sieve.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Blend the drained tofu (Step 1) until pureed in a blender.
- Add the So Good mixture (Step 4) and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean bowl and fold in the beaten egg whites (Step 5).
- Dissolve instant coffee in the hot water and stir in the remaining So Good (1/4 cup). Dip the ladyfingers generously into the mixture
- Lay a third of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a glass serving bowl and spread with one-third of So Good soy beverage mixture. Continue to lay the ladyfingers and mixture in this fashion finishing with a layer of mixture on top.
- 11. Sift cocoa lightly over the top.
Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day before serving.